BasX: The Foundation of a Superb Audio System
The goal of putting together an exceptional audio system is to enrich your life with outstanding sound. It’s all about playing the music. It isn’t about spending a lot of money, or solid gold knobs or jewel encrusted remote controls. And you don’t need all sorts of complicated features you’re never going to use. The key to building a great audio system is to use well-designed components with excellent technical performance and superb sound quality. Every Emotiva BasX component has been designed from the ground up to be part of an excellent audio system. They incorporate the latest cutting edge technology and all the features you need to give you the best possible listening experience.
Why is BasX so special?
As a leading manufacturer of home audio equipment, we’ve noticed that a lot of people still don’t have high-quality audio in their lives. Some folks don’t have the budget to buy good equipment, while others don’t have the time to spend trying to figure out how to use it – and that’s exactly why we developed our new Emotiva BasX products. Our BasX components combine great sound quality, a carefully chosen set of genuinely useful features, and rock solid performance, with a simple yet elegant design.
This unique combination allows us to offer a combination you just can’t find anywhere else – great sound and great value. All of the components in our new BasX line are priced to be within reach of every music lover. You don’t need to be rich to afford them, and you don’t need to be an engineer to figure out how to use them. They’re carefully crafted to give you many years of reliable and trouble-free service, and they’ll look great in your living room or on your audio rack.
You can build a complete music system out of our BasX components that will give you a true audiophile listening experience. Or try adding one or two BasX components to round out your existing audio system. Great sounding audio doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated.
The BasX offers all the essential features that make a great audio component. The circuitry in the BasX A-150 features a heavy duty linear power supply, great sounding high-current short signal path Class A/B amplifier modules, a trigger input and output, and industry standard unbalanced audio inputs. It also includes audiophile-quality fault protection that’s completely transparent in normal operation, yet protects the A-150 and your other equipment from common fault conditions.
The BasX A-150 delivers real audiophile sound quality – and we’ve got the specs to back that up: 75 watts RMS per channel at less than 0.1% THD into 8 ohms; THD+N of less than 0.02%; and a signal to noise ratio of 120 dB referenced to full power.
While the BasX A-150 offers lots of performance, you won’t need a Ph.D. to install and use it. Just plug the BasX A-150 into any standard 115 VAC or 230 VAC line; it will figure out the correct voltage to use. A removable heavy-duty power cable is included, and, if you want to experiment with power cords, the BasX A-150 also accepts any industry standard IEC power cable. The speaker outputs are heavy duty five-way insulated binding posts that work equally well with bare wire, banana plugs, or spade lugs.
The BasX A-150 is built to last, with a heavy duty steel chassis, solid milled aluminum faceplate, and high-quality parts and construction… We expect you to enjoy your BasX A-150 for a long time – and we back that up with a full three-year warranty.
The BasX A-150
Exceptional sound quality. Excellent value.
- Great sounding Class A/B output stage – ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging – without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Wide band with low noise design – Hear everything your high definition sources have to offer.
- Heavy duty linear power supply – with an oversized torodial power transformer and plenty of current capacity to drive even difficult speakers.
- Top quality parts and construction – promise years of reliable service.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes – enable us to use short, optimized signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
- Totally stable – designed for use in the real world, with real speakers.
- Heavy steel 2RU chassis with milled aluminum faceplate – provide strength and rugged good looks.
- Heavy duty insulated five-way speaker binding posts – allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Remote trigger input and output – allow the BasX A-150 to be turned on by trigger-enabled equipment, and to activate other trigger-enabled equipment.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection – entirely transparent under normal conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from all common fault conditions.
- Universal AC line voltage operation – the BasX A-150 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz, and automatically detect and configure themselves to operate with your local line voltage.
- Standard IEC power inlet – fits all standard and audiophile IEC power cables.
- Three-year warranty